Monday, February 8, 2010

Village Update

Hey everyone!
I'm finally starting to settle into the Olympic village and get into a routine. I'm also getting most of my picture taking out of the way so I can start to get focused on racing. Just seven more days until my first race of this Olympics.
So far the village has been first class all the way and security is to the max. We get to stay in ritzy condos and the food is really great too. We even have free McDonalds 24/7. We also have gaming in our USA house and in the athlete Olympic lounge. The lounge is pretty slick. It's were all the athletes get to hang, play with all sorts of gaming like wii and rock band, play pool and pinball, read, play boardgames, watch TV on a huge screen...its awesome. Today Trevor and I were in there shooting pool and watching the superbowl in between practices.
So for the next few days its pretty much the same routine. Sleep, eat, practice, rockband, nap, pictures. The real fun begins at opening ceremonies and even more fun continues when my crazy family arrives!

9 comments:

  1. Who you callin crazy?

    Cake batter anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just read the story about you in the NY Times, and wanted to send you some support via the web. Good luck with all your races and enjoy your time as an Olympian. I'm very impressed with your perseverance and want to tell you that you've provided me with some inspiration to keep my chin up. You're making the US very proud; keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read about you in the NY Times, as well. Best of luck to you. In a world where people think all athletes are overpaid whiners, it's stories like yours that move and inspire us. You're a wonderful example for my kids and people everywhere. Best of luck to you in your Olympic quest. May you live the dream -- you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too read your story in the NY Times--very inspiring. With all the high paying athletes, people usually lose track of perhaps athletes in other less known sports are not financially rewarded with boat load of money. And this makes it far more especial because you know that the goal is something far higher than glory and financial gain. Allow me to express my deepest respect to your endevear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I've been following all the press since I cheered you on at the trials in Milwaukee. I can't wait to cheer you on in the Olympics, though I don't think I'll be able to watch too much live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate all the comments and support! It's getting close!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update Jill. It sounds like you are having a GREAT time! I'm so happy for you. I am praying like CRAZY for you and I know so many others are, too. Keep shining the Light, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another NY Times reader - we are from Michigan and rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wo He Lo Jill! We're praying for you too! Blessings and Best wishes!
    Glen and Beth Miller - Camp T. Directors

    ReplyDelete