Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympic Experience part 1

Hey Friends!
Last time I wrote it was pre-opening ceremonies. Now it is post opening ceremonies and competition is under way!
I must say that when you are standing in front of the world, they announce team USA, and 50,000 people roar in excitement, it is a heart pounding experience. But so is the racing! People keep asking me what my favorite moment is so far in these olympics and I don't think I can choose just one. I'm trying to take in the entire experience as slowly as I can and be thankful for every moment.
Opening Ceremonies was an absolute blast! I was able to get right up in front behind the flag. I even got my picture in the post card that they printed the next day. Trevor and I had to take the early bus back to the village because we races the next two days. I was pretty bummed but we got to go on the roof of the condo and watch the rest of the ceremonies and view the fireworks. That was a pretty special moment. I was so proud of him and so glad I could witness his struggle to accomplishment. He had the same feeling for me :)
Then the racing came. I thought I'd be pretty nervous but I was so excited to see my family in the crowd I forgot to be nervous. It was not my best race ever but I enjoyed every minute on the ice. I skated my best and that's all I can ask. I think I didn't want to get too tied up in nerves for my first one so I just tried to stay relaxed and enjoy it. Also, I got a good feel for competing under that kind of pressure. Now, I hope to be a little more aggressive in the next 3 races. Definitely more my style!
My family got to come into the village as well. It was cool playing tour guide and share my Village experience with them. They also seem to like the P&G house. Free food, massages, cool picures, free event tickets, manicures, hair stylists...they are there to serve the family.
I'm also hitting up the Oakley house, Nike house, and Vanity Fair to have my picture taken. That's coming up tomorrow while I still have some time before my next race on Sunday. Until then, Chao!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome to hear you are having a wonderful time... you deserve every minute ENJOY!!!!!!!! Susan @ ezeefit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill!!! I have goosebumps reading your blog! I can't wait until I can come out there to see you. Rosanna and I "chat" on Facebook everynight about how excited we are! Are you ready for CAKEBATTER????

    ReplyDelete