Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More Rookards Roll into Vancouver

Well, the rest of the Rookard clan finally made it and the entire city certainly is aware. I walked onto the oval and I could hear them cheering from every corner. It was a proud moment to hear their voices in the stands cheering my name and cheering for USA.
After racing we all headed down to the P&G to meet and grab some dinner. Most of them were already hitting up the bar and taking lots of pictures. No children and free drinks lead to embarassing moments. We got it all captured at the Crest studio upstairs where we all posed for different winter sports backrounds. Of course, the married couples got a little carried away. But it was all in good fun and will make some great memories.
While some of the family came to the village, Brian rented a car for $20 to drive into the mountains alone and with 15 cans of Coca Cola. Rosanna mentioned she wasn't sure if it was $20 per day or $20 per mile. Brian didn't seem to get all the details. He tried to call me but the call was dropped. I guess I'll see pictures from the adventure tomorrow...hopefully. He may have gotten eaten by a bear or got lost in the wilderness or ran out of gas or passed out from the caffeine/sugar overdose. Nothing has been confirmed as of 13:00.
Trevor is finally done with his individual races. I'm happy about that because I get more nervous for him than I do for myself. Because of him I may be more known for my screaming than for my own skating. That is something I'll have to work on that for next season.
So, the 5k and pursuit are next. The distance race has been my best performance of the season so I hope to rip off a good race. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry sis, I made it through the mountain adventure. Wrestled a bear, got chased by a moose or two, and got some great pictures in the process! The scenery was fantastic! Everybody has come down from their alcohol induced stupors. Lisa got a little crazy in the bobsled pictures. Rosanna accosted the Dancing Man. Jeff fell asleep in some corner on the street. Dan videotaped it all.

    We love you sis. Not so sure we appreciate you splashing our private moments on the blog ... but hey, it's the Olympics!

    Rosanna made sure to get more cowbell! http://www.buzzhumor.com/videos/28180/More_Cowbell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go JIll!!! You are doing amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jilleanne,

    Nice blog spot you've got here sis " PINK "

    My heart is still missing a beat after watching the 3000m event I don't care what happened.....PLEASE...if it happens again it may prove to be Fatal.HAHAHA

    Jeff says the 5000m is your BEST event..soooo your going to win this one... hmmm..aren't you!!!

    STAND UM STILL JILL YOU WILL...GO GO GO!!!!:)

    lots of love and a warm "hug",
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jilleanne!!!!!

    ReplyDelete