Friday, February 5, 2010

Arrived at the Olympics!

Hey everyone! The trip so far has been hectic but amazing! Some of the highlights were getting fitted by Ralph Lauren and Nike for our Team USA gear and arriving to the Village. Last night I got to walk around by the water and see the city all lighted up for the first time. I am so thankful to be here and it has been such an amazing journey. Mom and dad would be very proud.
I also got to skate at the Oval the second day I was here. It had totally changed from the summer. With all the lights, t.v. screens, and Olympic colors and banners it looked spectacular!
I can't wait for my family to get here and be part of this action. I keep updating Lisa, my sister, but no words can discribe the scenery or the feel. They just have to be here!!!
I'm off to practice but I'll fill you all in on more later today.

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! All I can say is the ENTIRE chapter of "Go Team Jill: Central Michigan Chapter" is very excited! Lauren and Izzy are very excited for Auntie Jill! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be there with bells on in about a week. Go Jill and Trevor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill- Can feel the excitement through your words! Enjoy and soak it all in!!!

    Good luck!! We are cheering for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so proud of you Jilleanne. We are very thankful for the gift of watching you live your dream. Can't wait to see you skate. Go Jill Go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so happy for you! But you're only partially right when you said your mom & dad would be proud. Forget "would be", they ARE proud. They're holding hands up there beaming at you with pride right now. Keep that vision in your mind as you step onto the ice. They're watcing, and they couldn't be more proud.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jilleanne. It's Terri Carol. I'm soooo excited for you! This is so amazing. Words can't describe my excitement for you. Your dream is HERE! I've printed off your schedule and have forwarded all your info to my friends. You have so many people routing for you. Your Mom and Dad are so very proud of you Jilliane. They are your angels. I am thinking of you every day. Stay strong! Lots of Love!

    ReplyDelete